Why MAST (Multi Axis Shaking Table)?[boxify cols=”5″ cols_use=”2″ position =”right” order =”none” padding =”5″ background_color =”#88AADD” background_opacity =”100″ border_width =”0″ box_spacing=”3″]MAST gives you the ability to simulate the behavior of your products under controlled conditions of vibration improving their design and performance.[/boxify]
The goal to reduce the time spent on the design phase remains one of the key factors in competitiveness of firms in most industries. For this reason the accelerated durability tests on components or subsystems in laboratory have been an important challenge for product development. We have included MAST in our equipment pool to meet this challenge providing a service for companies who need to dispose of this equipment.
What is MAST?
MAST is a multiaxial vibration system, designed to test a wide range of products which, at some point in their lifetime, are subjected to vibration. The main feature of our system is the generation of vibration and motion to a maximum of 6 degrees of freedom, individually or simultaneously.
To achieve this motion the system is equipped with a table on which different servo hydraulic cylinders act in three orthogonal different directions. In addition, the system has a set of hydraulic and pneumatic actuators of different capacities with its respective force and displacement sensors.
Another important element is the software solution which provides the digital front panel for setting up and tunning the MAST system prior to operation. For example, it can reproduce and edit real signals which have been previously acquired by accelerometers placed in the test sample.
Which are MAST most representative applications?
- Simulation freight for verification and optimization of packaging for product distribution. MAST can reproduce realistic movements of the loading platform of a transport vehicle considering not only the vertical vibration but also the lateral movements and rotations induced by it. These features provide the ability to transport testing accuracy and realism far beyond those required by international standards.
- Durability testing and durable long life design.
- Vibro-acustic performance evaluation. We test many components to stablish their performance under vibration conditions, including engine mount systems for vibration tolerance characteristics.
- Squeak and rattle evaluation. We test instrument panels, seats and other interior trim components. Physical vibration is often combined with environmental simulation (temperature and humidity) in our climatic chamber.
- Vibration testing under standard regulation (ISO, ISTA, ASTM, MIL).
Who can benefit from MAST functionality?
Different users can benefit from our vibration system. As a real experience of MAST benefits we can highlight our collaboration with a national leader in manufacturing of consumer products that developed its benchmark tests for the development of new packaging using MAST functionalities.
Test time was drastically reduced and the obtanied results allowed selecting the best design in terms of material and performance optimization.
Which are MAST main technical features?
MULTIAXIS SHAKER TABLE
|Table work area dimensions:1500×1700 mm||Work area dimensions:2200x2200x2250 mm|
|Maximum load:450 Kg (at max. acceleration)||Temperature range: -60ºC to 150ºC|
|Maximum acceleration: 6G (vertical) and 3G (horizontal)||Temperature precision: 0.5ºC in time / 1ºC in space|
|Operating frequency range: 0-100 Hz||Relative Humidity range: 20-95%|
|Maximum Stroke: ± 75 mm||Relative Humidity precision: 2% in time / 3% in space|
|Other auxiliary equipment: Extensometric analysis equipment, accelerometers, microphones, team binaural noise acquisition, high speed camera, FLIR thermal imager and displacement sensors.|