Procurement Logistics is a key activity in the supply chain. It can significantly influence the overall success of a company depending on how it is managed.
The goal of procurement logistics is the control of the supply in order to meet the needs of operational processes. Quantities to be supplied and supply frequency, impact on supply chain inventory, demand forecasting, quality of service delivery, vendor selection, compliance dates and the types of packing and loading units used by suppliers are all factors to consider in procurement logistics.
Procurement logistics achieves a high level of complexity in different situations:
- Management of a large number of products (retail sector is a case in point).
- Logistics networks with many interacting agents.
- Gglobal sourcing, with extended replenishment periods.
Service overview of procurement logistics
We analyze current processes and propose new strategies for procurement logistics in order to Improve Supply Chain Performance.
We support you in the following tasks:
- Improving accuracy of demand forecasting by means of advanced methods.
- Selection of appropriate inventory models through simulation and optimization.
- Analysis of impact of different inventory policies on supply chain processes.
- Selection of type of supply (centralized / decentralized).
- Choice of supply strategies (direct replenishment, stocked flow, crossdocking).
- Replenishment policy taking into account considerations of retail such as order days management (Shelf connected supply chain).