Photo by USDAgov.
At the time of addressing dock scheduling or loading optimization, experts still find difficult how to consider them: Are they warehouse processes or transportation processes? Warehouses, distributors, retailers and carriers remain challenged with manual processes when trying to schedule arrival and departure of carriers or designing the sequence of parcels within the vehicles.
- Streamline the dock appointment process by an effective distribution of the truck arrivals and departures.
- Optimize operations for inbound shipments in coordination with outbound pickups.
- Dynamic lock rescheduling taking into consideration truck type, dock type, product handling and special equipment.
- Reduce waiting, loading and unloading times.
- Integration of transportation and warehouse management systems.
- Optimization techniques to cut down containers filling costs.
- Reach the upper limit of vehicle capacity and volume.
- Parcels placement including constraints and security.
- Solutions to cope with yard management.
- Reach the goal of significant cost savings through load consolidation and higher load factors.
- Support in the search of cutting-edge solutions and ensure the exploitation.