Smart Transportation Planning deals with the sustainable evaluation, assessment and design of movement of goods through transport networks. Due to globalization and the opening up of new markets, distances have increased in recent years and speed, safety and security have become new values to be addressed by shippers and carriers regardless of the size of companies.
[boxify cols=”6″ cols_use=”2″ position =”left” order =”none” padding =”5″ background_color =”#88AADD” background_opacity =”100″ border_width =”0″ box_spacing=”2″]An efficient planning strategy of the movements of goods may help your company to cut down costs and optimizes your resources.[/boxify]Transport networks are commonly seen under the umbrella of urban freight distribution or long distance transport whose key factors are overviewed in the light of the distance traveled volumes and size of vehicles. ITA adapts solutions to the size of the company and their targeted objectives. In many occasions, small freight carriers do not need complex commercial solutions but practical projects aimed at rescheduling their resources in terms of vehicles, capacity of delivery routes design. In others, transport firms require not only operations changes but also the start up of technologies and innovative solutions.
To deal with it, ITA faces bottom-up smart transportation planning projects that may help your company:
- To elaborate simple studies of the appropriate design of urban routes for local carriers whose scope lies within cities or urbanized areas.
- To efficiently plan routes between starting and ending customer locations in combination with the network of hubs and warehouses in retail contexts.
- To optimize loading and unloading times, schedule departures and arrivals, reduce the number of vehicles and regroup your pickups and deliveries in multimodal environment.
- To reorganize delivery and pickup areas through knowledge acquired from historical data.
- To evaluate the impact of the carbon footprint of your activities and how to reduce carbon consumption.
- To adopt technological solutions that address capacity utilization and availability of vehicles in the management and planning for long distance freight distribution companies.
- To endorse the installation of new transportation management systems and support in the definition of requirements and needs.
- To set up pilots and together practical applications in the routing and shipping of small vehicles or trucks.