This module is to address commonly logistics processes that normally occur in the enterprise facilities. That is, the reception and classification of the goods, their movements in the distribution center and the preparation of orders or configuration of the location and inventory for storage. At the same time of the internal flow of materials it must provide a logical flow of data, synchronized with the above. This is achieved by monitoring systems and software modules for data processing and distribution.
The demonstration equipment for storage solutions consists of two main systems: Packaging sorting system and the Smart warehouse system.
Each of these systems is equipped with the technology needed to perform the functions, both physical and logical, to create internal logistics processes that are demanded by users Demonstration Centre.
Main objectives of this module are:
- Technologies for receiving, picking, shipping, storage and characterization methods of automatic goods
- Create a real operational scenario of an intelligent warehouse space featuring test different products and processes
- Configurable automatic picking.
- Manual preparation system orders: PTL and PTV.
- Arch with automatic identification of pallets using RFID and vision cameras.
- Material handling system with integrated RFID reader homing.
- Shelves with automatic stock management using sensors.
Packaging Sorting System
A “Packaging Sorting System” is a technological solution that automates the orders preparation making picking to unit possible and integrates different identification and control automatic and dynamic devices.
The system is integrated by mechanical components, which contains conveyors that physically move the goods, with the objective of making demonstrations of various logistics flows of materials within the companies. It has a coordinated behaviour and it’s compatible with the rest of modules of the system.
These modules are:
- Electrical components, control and security module.
- System parameterization module.
- RFID identification module.
- Vision based inspection module.
- “Put-To-Light” orders preparation module.
- System control module.
Main parts of this equipment are:
- Gapping zone: allows the separation of packets that are being moved without separation and are no detectable with automatic identification control elements. They consist of several short sections of tape which can maneuver (stop or change speed) to achieve separation of the packages.
- Parameterization zone: to identify and obtain relevant parameters of the packages: dimensions, weight, code tags, and so on.
- Piece picking zone: the aim is to allow the operator to picking through the boxes that are extracted from the main circuit of the conveyor belt. This belt is parallel to the main one and includes the possibility of return boxes automatically or manually. It consists of several short sections of the conveyor belt where it is possible to stop a box needed for the preparation order. This area works together with the shelf of PTL (put to light), located closed to the belt.
- RFID and vision zone: to prove the use of these technologies in the control and traceability of goods.
- Inputs and outputs zone: allow to add goods to the conveyor belt and the final output of goods. Each output ends in a roller table no motorized.
- Rejections zone: allows the belt to provide an exit point for packets that the system assume rejected or not able to work with them. End table without motorized rollers.
- Transport zone: consists of two curves and two straight elements equipped with diverters to circumvent the curve segment. The system will be designed to ensure the ‘tracking’ of the package in the rotation.
Smart Warehouse System
A “Smart Warehouse System” is a technological solution that that automates the input, output, order picking, inventory control and handling of the goods on the ground.
It consists of several modules: ‘Pick-To-Light’ picking module, ‘Pick-To-Voice’ picking module, the automatic identification portal and the Inventory Control Module. The first two technologies are designed to demonstrate the productivity gains in the area of the picking process, one of the most resource-intensive and cost in a store.
The automatic identification portal facilitates the identification, classification and storage of products. It consists of the following systems of identification:
- Identification using RFID technology: RFID reader antennas of HF / UHF, allows reading RF tags and identify the entry and exit of goods.
- Identification using vision-based technology: digital cameras formed area of high, medium and low resolution, 3D cameras, lighting system and control software and image processing for capture and subsequent treatment.
The Inventory Control Module allows testing the continuous replenishment of inventory (or VMI Vendor Managed Inventory) and automated management by using different detection systems and monitoring to assess and evaluate the suitability of each system application. Specifically we use the following detection systems: photocells, inductive sensors, capacitive sensors, load cells and mechanical switches. All detection systems are connected and communicate with a control unit whose logic can be programmed to adapt to the needs of users.
[wppa type=”album” album=”1″][/wppa]